Last week?… two weeks ago? In the relatively recent past- most of which is blurred by the holiday rush and the constant awareness/tiredness that comes with being with the children 24/7- Mamafog nominated me for an award. A “Stylish” Award! I was honored, humbled and amused. It’s my first (hopefully, not the last!) award my blog has “won”. I particularly like the egalitarian “pass it forward” aspect of the award. Of course, I should have done this last week, two weeks ago… in the past. Just pretend that I’m Renee Zellweger and I was in the bathroom…
The “rules” of the Award are that I’m to share 7 things about myself and then “pass it forward” to three other blogs that I nominate. And so…
- I grew up without running water and electricity until I was six years old, and even then, I never had a television or telephone until I was 14. My parents were “back to the land” folks who were determined to live a self-sufficient life… I, myself, prefer life with a dishwasher and wireless access, so you can see that it didn’t really stick. Self-sufficiency, though… it’s still a good thing.
- I am a secret British royal family fan. I can tell you almost every king and queen since 1066 with William the Conqueror, right through the War of the Roses, the flip-flopping with William of Orange, and the abdication of Edward. I had the princess bug pretty badly as a child.
- Along with England’s history, I’m a fan of their literature. I love me a good Agatha Christie, Jane Austen and King Arthur legend. My mother made me memorize poetry as a child back before “home schooling” was a real concept- but the only one I still remember is Wordsworth’s poem “Daffodils”.
- I never met an ice cream I didn’t like. The ones with texture are the best- give me some nuts and coconut and chocolate chunks and I’m a fan. Even the kid-friendly flavors like bubblegum and Spongebob are good.
- When Elizabeth was born, I did a family tree because I was curious where she came from. I can trace both my father and mother’s families back to around 1400 through various lines- which sounds impressive- and there is not a single king, president, or anyone of note in the whole tree. We were all teachers and ministers and lawyers. Clearly, the “talking gene” is pretty strong. The only “famous” connection I can make is a very distant cousin of Justin Timberlake and a cousin of Anne Boleyn.
- My dream car is a butter yellow Volkswagen convertible with a black top. Daisy flower light covers optional, but I wouldn’t turn them down.
- I know that you can order a “secret” egg burrito from Milton’s Diner that is not on the menu at 3:00am from the days in my 20’s when I was a “woo woo” girl backup dancer for several bands that my boyfriend was in. I would dance with my girlfriends and get everyone else dancing. Music- a good beat- and I’m lost.
That’s not all of me- there are my roles, there are my jobs, there are the places I’ve lived. But this list… that’s me.
And so I pass on this award! I nominate four (the rules say three, but these four I read all the time) of my favorite blogs that I encourage you to read… for the Stylish Bloggers Award!
- Diary of a Mom: http://adiaryofamom.wordpress.com/
- Elvis Sightings http://elvis-sightings.blogspot.com/
- UnOther One http://www.unotherone.blogspot.com/
- Autism Mommy Therapist: http://autismmommytherapist.wordpress.com/