As I’m organizing myself to plan for four weeks’ worth of classes (work that should have been done weeks ago, but the tsunami of getting a semester started got in the way), I started cleaning my desk and was struck by what was on it…
- hand lotion
- empty candy dish (I want to be friendly, but I don’t want to have candy near me- New Year’s Resolution and all)
- tape dispenser in the shape of shoe- purchased because it made me laugh
- pretty Mission-style lamp
- iphone speakers
- picture of my family
- picture from my 40th birthday of me and my girlfriends at the beach
- a handmade “basket” of popsicle sticks painted gold that my son made for me with loose change in it
- a snowdrift of papers from various meetings that I have to attend to, but were just tossed on the desk
- A calendar from Oxford
And that’s me in a nutshell- a bit disorganized, a wife and a mom, a friend, a lover of pretty things, music, funny things, and a traveler.
What’s on YOUR desk? Kitchen Counter?